This is one of my all time favorite slow cooker recipes for the ease and nutritional value – and taste of course!! It’s high in protein and super simple to prep. It’s one of my Clean Eating staples. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
As if carrying a child for 9 months and dealing with stretch marks wasn’t enough?! (Not to mention the cravings and mood swings..)
We also have to worry about Diastasis Recti. (Ok, not all of us do.) Statistically, it happens to 2 out of 3 moms who’ve had 2 or more children.
And yay me! I’m lucky enough to be one of those 2 out of 3 moms. Continue reading “Diastasis Recti – Dos and Don’ts”
The most effective strategy for diminishing chronic stress is balance. Being able to stay centered, relaxed and present is the optimal state of balance for both mind and body. You need to train your brain to stay there.
Meditation has been proven to go head-to-head with medication when it comes to it’s effectiveness in treating anxiety and depression. And one of the major benefits of meditation is that it has NO side-effects (other than increased well-being). Continue reading “Meditation For Depression & Anxiety”
I bought some Chaga at the market this weekend and was really anxious to try it. When I got home last night I immediately put a chunk of it and some water in the slow cooker to steep over night.
Chaga is said to:
-stimulate and regulate the immune system
-help with ulcers and gastritis
-support cholesterol and blood pressure levels
-fight against cancer
-be an antioxidant that has anti-aging properties Continue reading “Chaga Tea”
You’ll notice a bit of a theme in this blog. I LOVE spicy food like it’s nobody’s business. 🙂
1.Slow Cooker Taco Soup
This is my absolute favorite go-to slow cooker recipe. I add a few nacho chips, grated cheese and a dollop of plain greek yogurt (less calories) to top it off! Continue reading “My Top 3 Slow Cooker Meals”