This is one of my all time favorite slow cooker recipes for the ease and nutritional value – and taste of course!! It’s high in protein and super simple to prep. It’s one of my Clean Eating staples. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
I bought some Chaga at the market this weekend and was really anxious to try it. When I got home last night I immediately put a chunk of it and some water in the slow cooker to steep over night.
Chaga is said to:
-stimulate and regulate the immune system
-help with ulcers and gastritis
-support cholesterol and blood pressure levels
-fight against cancer
-be an antioxidant that has anti-aging properties Continue reading “Chaga Tea”
You’ll notice a bit of a theme in this blog. I LOVE spicy food like it’s nobody’s business. 🙂
1.Slow Cooker Taco Soup
This is my absolute favorite go-to slow cooker recipe. I add a few nacho chips, grated cheese and a dollop of plain greek yogurt (less calories) to top it off! Continue reading “My Top 3 Slow Cooker Meals”
I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who struggles with trying to eat a healthy breakfast – or just plain finding time to prepare one. My mornings are just so busy I consider it a win if I leave the house fully clothed with hair and makeup done. Bonus points if I don’t forget my lunch. (Extra bonus points if my toddler doesn’t have food on her shirt.) Continue reading “Quick Healthy Breakfast For Weight Loss: Protein Breakfast Muffins”